Monday 27 January 2014

New week - new project

 Wet and windy outside - time to get on with a new piece. I have a lovely glass jug - not very big but I have always liked the line and shape of the design - so this is a starting point for a new piece. I took a number of different shots to capture the reflections from different light sources.

  
I then started playing around with sketches and watercolour backgrounds  to see how I could use the line and shape in different ways.

My vision was to use part outlines of the image, repeating itself over a background,  so I continued to play for a few hours. I still have a long way to go before I can feel confident I have a viable design - but content to mull over progress so far and work on this further later this week.



I think I prefer the effect of using the linse of the jug almost as a mask against a coloured background rather than using the line itself - but further work needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment